Screen Recording Using the QuickTime Player is an easy option to record the content on your screen whether a webcast, or a Presentation on a Mac. Other options include recording a New Movie (e.g. yourself in front of the computer's built-in camera, or, you or anyone else using an external camera.), or, making an Audio only recording.
To make a screen recording, have the content you want to present ready to go. If you are recording a PowerPoint, do not click full-screen or presentation mode until after you click "Record" on QuickTime. You will have to clip the beginning and ends of your recording after you make the recording.
1. Go to File and click on New Screen Recording.
2. Select whether to Record Entire Screen or Record Selected Portion (forth and fifth screen icons with a dot on the lower right corner.
3. Click on Options to select the desired options, including the Microphone for the Audio input.
4. Other options you might consider are recording mouse clicks, timer to start your recording after you click the record button, and the location on your computer to save your recording.
5. Finally, click the record button to start the recording.
6. Stop the recording using by clicking on the stop button on the tool bar.
7. If you need to Trim the beginning and end of your recording, click Edit > Trim
9. Move the Trim slider to trim the beginning and end of your recording, and click "Trim".
10. Click on File > Save
11. Name the file, select the location for the file to be saved to, and click Save.