Skip to main content

Researcher Support

Resources for Research

Subject Librarians


Attend Library workshops

Create alerts in databases

Create posters using PowerPoint

Library Research Tools

  • LibX Plugin
    • Install plugin to provide direct access to library resources while doing research through Google or other search engines.
  • Browzine
    • Easily browse journals on a mobile device by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download complete articles.

Citing Sources

On Sabbatical: Research on the Road

The education roaming (eduroam) service allows users (such as researchers, students, faculty and staff) from our  University and other participating institutions to securely access the Internet from any eduroam-enabled institution.



Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA) reciprocal circulation program
The GWLA Reciprocal Circulation Agreement is a program for faculty, staff and students of participating GWLA institutions to borrow library materials on site while visiting other, cooperating, member libraries.



OCLC reciprocal borrower card 
MU Faculty members who are traveling to other research libraries that are members of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) who are also OCLC (Online Computer Library Center, Inc.) members may be eligible for a Reciprocal Faculty Borrower Card.



Visit other MERLIN/MOBIUS libraries
MU faculty, students and staff who are in good standing (no billed books or unpaid fines or blocks on their circulation record) may go to any other MERLIN / MOBIUS library and present their MU ID card and borrow books held in those libraries, if they are “Available” in the MERLIN / MOBIUS catalog.



Request library privileges for visiting faculty/scholars
International Student and Scholar Services has written a form letter approved by the MU Libraries.
Departments must use this form letter when requesting privileges for the scholar.