This Einscan-SE Turntable 3D scanner does high-definition scans of small 3D objects. Multiple passes allow detail capture. The resulting file can be emailed and printed using the 3D printing service.
Use the link in the right box to make a reservation
1. To get started, log into the PC using your username and password. To turn on the Scanner, hold your finger on the power button located on the back of the scanner.
2. From the desktop, go to Explorer/Windows/Shining3d/EinScan-S_series/EXScan
3. At the main menu, click on EinScan-SE
4. Before performing a scan, you may need to calibrate the scanner first. Simply click on calibrate at the top and follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure you are only moving the slate and not the base of the slate.
5. Once the calibration is done, you are ready to scan. First, click on New Work and name your file.
6. From here, you can choose either a texture scan or a non-texture scan. This will depend on what object you need to scan, but for the most part, if the object is pretty smooth, then use non-texture. If it's a bit more complex, then use texture.
7. At this point, line up the model you want to scan. Pay attention to the preview screen in the top left corner. In case you are having trouble lining up your object, there are settings beneath the preview screen. Then enter a number for the amount of scans you want. I recommend starting with 8 first. You can go back and do additional scans if needed. When you are ready, click start. (For additional passes: Once the first scan is completed, reposition the object and press scan again. This will add another layer of scans to the current layer).
8. When you are completely finished scanning, click on texture. This will bring up a choice between watertight and non-watertight mode. Watertight mode closes up any holes in the scan, but depending on the scan, it may not do it correctly. For more accurate scans, choose watertight mode. Finally, you can export your scan as a .obj or .stl file.
Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Questions & Consultation email: email@example.com