Contact - Cindy Cotner
Keep your Outlook calendar as up to date as possible. This helps immensely in planning meetings, etc.
Sharing Your Calendar:
- The default is set to “Free/Busy time.” You can also share “Free/Busy time, subject, location,” which can be helpful to your supervisor and other reference librarians, if you choose.
- Only choose “Full Details” if you do not mind others seeing the full details of your calendar.
- If you choose “Free/Busy time, subject, location,” you can keep details of individual appointments private (click the “Private” tag). Others will see those times as “Private Appointment.”
- To change privacy settings for all users or specific individuals, click on “Calendar Permissions.”
- To change your permissions level for specific individuals (supervisor, other reference librarians, etc.), click “Add” and keep “Address Book” set to “Global Address List” (default).
- Search for individuals by name (last name, first name).
- Click on the names and then click on the “Add -->” button at the bottom of the window.
- You can add multiple users at once. Click “OK” when you have all the users you want added listed.
- Change the permission level as desired for users by using the “Permission Level” drop-down menu.
Shared Calendars for Ellis Reference:
- MU Ellis Library Ellisref
- Reference desk and virtual shifts. Keep this up to date by marking any shift trades here (e.g., Jack for Jill).
- MU ELLIS LIBRARY Ellisref - Events
- Used to enter time off, irregular time, meeting commitments, etc. Keep this up to date.
- MU ELLIS LIBRARY Ellisref - English 1000 Classes
- Used to sign up for English 1000 instruction sessions, record assignment details, and track number of students.
Adding the Reference Calendars:
- Right click on calendar group name (“My Calendars” or “Reference,” etc.) in the left pane.
- Pick “Add Calendar” and then “From Address Book.”
- Keep “Address Book” set to “Global Address List” (default) and search for:
- MU Ellis Library Ellisref
- individual reference librarians (last name, first name)
- Click on the names above and then click on the “Calendar -->” button at the bottom of the window.
- You can add multiple calendars at once. Click “OK” when you have all the calendars you want added listed.
- The calendars should show up in the calendar group chosen.
- You can rename calendars after adding them (e.g., “Reference” or “Desk” instead of “MU Ellis Library Ellisref”).
- NOTE: The MU ELLIS LIBRARY Ellisref - Events and MU ELLIS LIBRARY Ellisref - English 1000 Classes calendars are not visible on the global address book. This is because they are calendars owned by the umcellislibraryellis account. You must have someone share it with you from the umcellislibraryellis account (reference desk computers).
- Make sure you have editing permissions for these calendars.
Creating New Calendar Groups (optional):
- Right click on “My Calendars” in the left pane.
- Pick “New Calendar Group” and name “Reference” or however you wish.
- You can drag and drop existing calendars into groups.