Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Engineering Subject Centre (UK Higher Education Academy)
- This website includes a wide variety of tools designed to include sustainability in UK curriculum.
- Sustainable Development (WWW Virtual Library)
- A comprehensive list of Internet sites dealing with sustainable development, including organisations, projects and activities, electronic journals, libraries, references and documents, databases, directories or metadatabases.
- Natural Edge Project (TNEP)
- Independent Sustainability Think-Tank based in Australia. TNEP operates as a partnership for education, research and policy development on innovation for sustainable development.
- Learn the Issues from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- An international non-profit association with over 123,000 members, ASCE raises the visibility of civil engineers among policy leaders and strives for excellence in member services.
- ASHRAE Engineering for Sustainability
- Measures to provide safe, healthy and comfortable indoor environments while limiting their impact on natural resources are outlined in a position statement from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- "AEEP is made up of and serves professors in North American academic programs providing education in environmental engineering and related fields." This list provides links to information regarding papers, posters, conferences, committees, membership. publications, and job announcements.
- IES - Institute for Environment and Sustainability
- The mission of the Institute for Environment and Sustainability is to provide scientific-technical support to the European Union's policies for the protection and sustainable development of the European and global environment.
- International Network of Engineers and Scientists (INES)
- An independent non-profit-organisation interested in the impact of science and technology on society, INES´ efforts focus on disarmament and international peace, ethics in science, responsibilities of scientists and the responsible use of science and technology, justice and sustainable development. INES has become a network of about 100 organisations and individual members.
- Soil Science Society of America
- "The Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) is a progressive international scientific society that fosters the transfer of knowledge and practices to sustain global soils."
- Sustainable Communities Network
- Provides links to resources on smart growth, economic sustainability, protecting natural resources, and governing community. Publications and papers are also available on the site.
Energy & the Environment
- Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals. Mielenz, Jonathan R.; Klasson, K. Thomas; Adney, William S.; and McMillan, James D. Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals - The Twenty-Eighth Symposium. Springer - Verlag.
- Renewable Energy. Environmental Encyclopedia. Ed. Marci Bortman, Peter Brimblecombe, and Mary Ann Cunningham. Vol. 2. 3rd ed. Detroit: Gale, 2003. p1193-1195.
- Energy for Sustainable Development (camco)
- Sustainable Development and Energy. John Zumerchik. Macmillan Encyclopedia of Energy. Ed. John Zumerchik. Vol. 3. New York: Macmillan Reference USA, 2001. p1113-1114.
- Sustainability and Environmental Impact of Renewable Energy Sources. Hester, R.E.; Harrison, R.M. Sustainability and Environmental Impact of Renewable Energy Sources. Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Sustainable Energy Use. Charles E. Ophardt. Chemistry: Foundations and Applications. Ed. J. J. Lagowski. Vol. 4. New York: Macmillan Reference USA, 2004. p190-193.
Materials & Toxic Chemicals
Water and Ecosystems
, Applied Life Sciences
, Biological Engineering
, Chemical Engineering
, Civil & Environmental Engineering
, Computer Science
, Electrical & Computer Engineering
, Engineering & Computer Science
, Geological and Geotechnical Engineering
, Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
, Materials Science
, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
, Natural Resources
, Nuclear Engineering
, Parks, Recreation & Tourism
, Plant Sciences
, Transportation Engineering