Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Books Tricks
- Use the lone asterisk to create fill-in-the-blank searches, such as "preaching * prosperity" or "faith movement * Hagin"
- Search for a name in the AUTHOR field; add other words, phrases or partial phrases in text fields. Ex. Kenneth Copeland in AUTHOR, dollar in With ALL the Words.
- Search for one word/idea in the TITLE field, another in text. Ex. world war in title, salvation army as phrase in text...and vice versa!
- Use publication date limits to find books published during a certain time span. Ex. Billy Sunday * revival in phrase, publication dates between 1920 and 1940
- Look for the Find In Library link when you find a good book. Some books let you see more online than others.
Google Books: Advanced Search