- Many resources now support Auto Alerts.
- Auto Alerts are e-mails automatically sent to you by a database provider when criteria that you set though the database are met.
- Some "triggers" may include a database returning new results from a saved search or a new issue or journal becoming available in a database.
- Some databases provide many other alert options, as well.
- To see the instructions for setting up Auto Alerts for a particular database, browse through the alphebetical list.
- If you know the publisher of the database (i.e. Ebsco or Gale), click on databases by publisher. Search Alert instructions are the same for every database of a particular publisher.
This guide was created by Ellis Library Graduate Reference Assistants in 2010:
Amy C. Nickless