From the center of MU Libraries Gateway page, choose the tab, Books & More.
- By default you will be searching, by keyword, the MERLIN Catalog, a catalog of the books, journals, magazines and other materials owned by the MU libraries.
- MERLIN also contains records for books owned by the other UM campuses (UMSL, UMKC, MS&T). You can search for books in those libraries by selecting the chosen campus in the location drop-down menu.
- The MOBIUS catalog contains records of books owned by a variety of libraries throughout Missouri. You can request books from these libraries by using your MU username and password.
You may only request items owned by other MERLIN or MOBIUS libraries when:
If MERLIN or MOBIUS does not have the book or article you are looking for, then you can:
- Check to see if there are other libraries in the country that have the book in their collection using WorldCat.( the OCLC Online Union Catalog containing over 95 million records catalogued by OCLC member libraries covering books and other materials held in libraries worldwide)
- Then you can request a copy through Interlibrary Loan. Access the ILL form by using your username and password.