Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Citation + Citing Data Sets
Need info fast? Start here:
Stop! Before you dive into your project, ask the following questions:
- What am I looking for? facts & figures? articles? guidelines?
- Who else is interested in this information? communities? associations? social workers?
- Where are they likely to post their info? public website? journal article? conference paper?
Answering the above will save you time in the long run & cut your stress!
- Facts & figures (i.e. statistics) are often collected by governments & associations and posted on their websites
- Articles are usually written by professionals and published in journals or presented at conferences
- Guidelines are usually written up for an institution & many are posted at the National Guideline Clearinghouse
Having trouble tracking down info or keeping this all straight? Contact us and ask!