1. From the Library Homepage, type in the Title of the book you are looking for and click search.
2. Select the book from the search results page.
3. Click on "Request a Book"
4. From here, you can request either a chapter from the book, or request the entire book.
5. Both choices require you to login using your username and password.
6. If you need just one chapter from a book, select "Request a book chapter" from Step 4. In this form fill out the chapter you need from the book. Library staff will then find the book, copy the requested pages, and email then electronically to you. This may take a few days.
7. If you want to request the whole book, select "Request the Book" in Step 4. Library staff will retrieve the book and put it on hold shelf for you to pick up. You will receive an email when it is ready for you to pick up. The book will remain on the hold shelf for 10 days, then it will be re-shelved. If you did not receive an email in 3 days, send an inquiry to email@example.com.
8. If you are in a hurry, it may be easier to retrieve the book yourself. Write down the call number, and then find the book in the stacks when you get to the library. If you need more information on how to find books in the library, there are other guides here for you to use.
9. You might notice that not all books have a request button because some books, such as those in reserve or in special collections, cannot have a hold status in Merlin. In these instances, the only request button is at the top of the page.
10. You will be asked to log in with a username and password if you aren't logged in. On this page, you can select which library you want to pick up the book from. There is a section at the bottom that says "Cancel if not filled by:". Leave this section blank (the default cancel date is 30 days). However, if you need to book sooner than 30 days, then put in the latest date that you can use the book.
11. If you need any help, please feel free to contact the library over, chat, email, or person at the reference desk.