Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is in this database?
In Casemaker you can find federal materials, such as:
- Federal and Bankruptcy court opinions
- Federal Court Rules
- Federal Court Forms
- United States Code (USC)
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- U.S. Constitution
And state materials, including:
- Case law
- State Constitution, and
- a variety of other legal documents dependent on the individual Consortium member state's agreement with Casemaker.
Pros and Cons
- No state regulations
- Saving searches and records is much more limited.
- More docket resources
- Has introduced CaseCheck, a similar service to LN Shepherd's or Keycite, for a fee
- Has begun a case digest system, for a fee
Research Tools for Bar Members (by state)
Accessing the Database
Casemaker requires a ".edu" email address. Also, some states provide this resource to their bar members for free (see adjacent box, "Research Tools for Bar Members").