Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Discover @ MU Search
Search Discover@MU (full-text available only to current MU faculty, staff and students)
- Due to license restrictions, we cannot provide remote access to MU Libraries' online resources.
You can access most of our databases by visiting the MU Libraries in person.
There are a number of databases freely available on the Internet that can assist you in locating articles on a particular topic(s). These librarian recommended databases are:
- PubMed for medical and health topics
- AGRICOLA for agricultural topics
- ERIC for education topics
- WorldCat to find books, music, videos, articles ...
- Google Scholar to find scholarly literature (peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports) from all broad areas of research
- Free Resources
- If you are a health professional practicing in Missouri and would like access to Ovid MEDLINE and other medical resources, consider signing up for an individual membership in the MAHEC Digital Library.
- Many journal publishers and various resource providers offer fee-based services allowing you to purchase or rent access to online articles, book chapters, etc. We provide a listing of some fee-based services you can contact for additional information.
MU Digital Resources
Borrowing Services for Alumni
MU graduates who are members of the Mizzou Alumni Association (MAA) may borrow books owned by MU Libraries at no charge. This does not include Interlibrary loan privileges and book requests from MOBIUS Libraries. If you are not a MAA member, you can join the Friends of the Library association in order to qualify for borrowing privileges.
Please bring your current MU Alumni Association membership card or Current Friends of the Library membership card or proof of membership payment, your Missouri or other state Driver’s License or Missouri State photo ID card, and proof of permanent address (no post office boxes, please) to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk. An email address is also required.
Persons who have outstanding fines or bills or books that have not been returned on their library records will need to resolve those issues before a courtesy card may be issued.
- Questions should be directed to the Ellis Circulation Desk: call 573-882-3362 or e-mail FieldsBL@missouri.edu.
Off Campus (For all alumni members)
You can search the MERLIN Catalog (MU Libraries’ Catalog) from anywhere in the world.