Created by Michael Muchow, Humanities Subject Librarian
Published on October 25, 2013
1. If a book you need is not available through the Libraries, you can check to see if it is available through the UM Libraries, meaning all of the libraries in the University of Missouri school system.
2. At the top of the book's record, change your search from "MU" to "All MERLIN." This will search for the book in the UM Libraries.
3. On the results page, you will now have a list that includes the book you are searching for. If the book is available in one of the UM Libraries, you will see a UM Library listed in the location section of the record.
4. If the book is available and says "Not Checked Out", you can request a copy of the book. Select "Request" in the book's record.
5. On the next page, click "Continue."
6. Type in your university username and password and select "Login."
7. On the request form, choose a pickup location. Then click "Submit." Requested books should arrive in 2-3 business days.
If you have any questions about how to search for books at UM Libraries, please contact or visit the Reference Desk at Ellis Library.