This video shows you how to request a book from a library in Missouri by using MOBIUS, which links directly from the Libraries MERLIN catalog.
Created by Hannah Salings, E-Learning GLA.
Published September 29, 2016.
1. If the book you need is checked out or not available through the MU Libraries, you can check if it is available through one of the MOBIUS Libraries.
2. To check the availability in MOBIUS Libraries, click the “MOBIUS Search” button at the top of the page.
3. You will be redirected to a MOBIUS search page that shows you a list of items fitting your record's description and its availability at various libraries. You can see what libraries in MOBIUS currently have the title by clicking on the link below the format type.
On the menu to the left of the results, you can refine the search based on how the search found the records, the format, and subject.
4. If the item is available, you can request it from either the search results page or the item's page by clicking on the item's title. You can use the "click to access" link of the item (if it is online) or by clicking "Request" to the right of the item's title.
5. After requesting access to the item, you will be asked to log in using your username and password.
7. On the next page, make sure the pickup cluster is MERLIN and select your desired pickup location. Then submit your request.
If you have any questions about how to search for books at UM Libraries, please contact the librarians or visit the Reference Desk at Ellis Library.