Access to Library Resources
Off-campus (remote) access to subscribed resources is available to faculty, staff and currently enrolled MU students.
Two ways to access library resources from off-campus:
1. Proxy server - Click on the link to any of our online resources from off-campus and you will be required to login with your PawPrint (myzou username and password).
2. VPN (Virtual Private Networking - Cisco AnyConnect) - Provided free by the MU Division of Information Technology, the VPN allows you to access the MU network with an outside Internet Service Provider. Additional instructions for utilizing the Cisco AnyConnect are available from the Division of IT KnowledgeBase.
Common Access Problems
"Authentication Failed" Error Message
- Login with your myZou username/password, not the email password.
- Check the spelling of the password; it is case sensitive. Test by logging in to myZou.
- If these steps do not help, contact the Division of Information Technology Help Desk (882-5000) to check the account.
"Account not recognized as affiliated with MU" Error Message
This means that the username/password is not assigned to a person who is currently affiliated with MU (e.g., not a currently enrolled student, currently employed faculty/staff, emeriti or current courtesy appointment).
- To access, students must be enrolled in the current semester or a future semester.
- Faculty and staff must be currently employed by MU to access. Emeriti faculty can also access.
- Retirees cannot access.
Problem: Bookmarked site does not work
Most URLs from online resources are not persistent - they do not last for a long period of time and access requires authentication.
- Start from the MU Libraries' website to access the resource.
Problem: Link in Blackboard/ERes does not work
Sometimes the links in Blackboard or ERes do not include the proxy information so that you can access.
- If you have the citation information, fill out the Find a Specific Article form to link to the article. If you do not have the information, contact your instructor.
Fill out the Report a Problem form with as much detail as possible. We will contact you to work on troubleshooting with you.