1. In the MERLIN Catalog, set the search to MU. Click on the “Request a Book” button. (If no button exists, the book is probably Library Use Only and not available to check out.
2. On the screen that appears, click “Request the Book” button. (Note: If you want only one chapter, click the “Request a book chapter” button. Library staff will scan one chapter and send to your MU email account. If you request two or more chapters, staff will retrieve the entire book for you to check out.)
3. Click on the blue “Your MERLIN login with EMPL ID” button.
4. On the screen that appears, log in with your Firstname Lastname and campus ID as shown in example.
(Note: ID help is provided. This is not your campus username.)
5. On the page that appears, select pickup location from drop-down menu. New locations reflecting pandemic options are now added.
Success! You have now placed a Hold/Request for a book using the MERLIN catalog.
6. After you submit a hold request, your Merlin Library Account, shows the HOLD and pickup location. (See screenshot below)
Ellis Library Curbside Pickup
Ellis Library staff will print off new hold requests each morning and retrieve the items from the stacks. Depending on which library the book comes from and other Covid-19 precautions, this process could take four to ten days.
When the book is ready for pick up, an auto-generated email is sent with a link directing you to make an appointment on the Ellis Library Curbside Pickup calendar page.
The Ellis Library Curbside Pickup calendar allows you to select an open (green), 15-minute slot to pick up your library materials. You will receive another email confirmation when the reservation is approved. We ask that you be prompt and park in the Loading Dock area or nearby on Hitt Street. Call library staff (573-882-3362) when you arrive, and library staff will then bring your already-checked out books in a bag with receipt to put in your trunk (preferred). Please have ID ready for staff to verify.
Specialized Libraries Pickup
If you’re picking up items at a Specialized Library, you’ll get an email directly from that library with further instructions.