The Savitar is the University of Missouri's yearbook, which began publication in 1894. The name Savitar originates from the Sun-god of Rig-Veda, in Hindu mythology. The Savitar contains photographs of members of the university community and important campus events.
MU Law Class, 1895
Senior Law Class, Savitar 1895 p. 32b. Used with permission.
- View the Savitar online through the University of Missouri's digital library. Browse by year or search the full text.
- Not all volumes are available online.
- General information about the Savitar.
Savitar in Print
- To locate hard copies of the Savitar see the Merlin catalog record.
- Most hard copies of the Savitar are located in Ellis Library 2 East.
- The call number for the Savitar begins with "LH1 .S2", followed by the year,
e.g. LH1 .S2 (1985) v.91.
- Hard copies of the Savitar are also available in Special Collections (Ellis Library 4th Floor West) and the MU Archives (Lewis Hall, Room 703).
For additional assistance, please contact the Ellis Library Reference Desk.
Created by Emily Smart, Graduate Reference Assistant 2011-2012.