Stop! Before you dive into your project, ask the following questions:
- What am I looking for? Facts & figures? Articles? Guidelines?
- Who else is interested in this information? Communities? Associations? Social workers?
- Where are they likely to post their info? Public website? Journal article? Conference paper?
Answering the above will save you time in the long run & cut your stress!
- Facts & figures (i.e. statistics) are often collected by governments & associations and posted on their websites
- Articles are usually written by professionals and published in journals or presented at conferences
- Guidelines are usually written up for an institution & many are posted at the National Guideline Clearinghouse
Having trouble tracking down info or keeping this all straight? Contact me (look at box on right) and ask!