Your patients may read articles such as these. (Registrations might be required for access.)
From the 9-30-13 InSight
Resources available for patients about new health coverage options
In January 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance as a result of the Affordable Care Act. Starting Tuesday, Oct. 1, individuals who need insurance can buy health coverage through the new Health Insurance Marketplace. Enrollment will be open from Oct. 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014. To learn more about Missouri’s marketplace, please visit http://www.covermissouri.org.
Here are four key facts to share with your patients about the new Health Insurance Marketplace:
1. All plans must cover the care patients need, including doctor visits, hospital stays, preventive care, prescriptions and more.
2. Low-cost plans are available. Financial help is available based on income.
3. No one can be denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions.
4. The marketplace will provide side-by-side comparisons of each plan, without sales pitches or fine print.
If you would like more information about the Health Insurance Marketplace, or if someone asks you about resources, the following resources are available:
· To speak to someone in person, you will be able to get a listing of in-person assistance available nearby at http://www.covermissouri.org, visit your University Extension county office, or visit a community health center. To find the nearest community health center, please visit http://www.mo-pca.org/tools/find.
· Contact the call center, open 24/7, toll-free at (800) 318-2596. If using text telephones or telecommunications devices for the deaf (TTY/TDD), please call (855) 889-4325.
· To watch videos about the marketplace’s application process and other educational videos created by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), please visit http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/multimedia/multimedia.html.