There are many programs that will help you manage your references - both to keep track of them and also to assist with inserting references & bibliographies into Word documents.
In addition to EndNote, there is the Reference feature in Microsoft Word, Zotero, Mendeley and many other programs. MU DoIT supports EndNote.
EndNote is a software program that will let you collect & organize the citations that you find doing your research. EndNote will also work with Microsoft Word to create your in-text citations and reference list.
To download EndNote or for more infornation, use the following links:
Zotero is a free bibliographic & citation management software program. NOTE: Zotero does not provide the style for Respiratory Care (journal). EndNote does provide that style.
Click here for a guide on all things Zotero
Directions on how to download additional styles into EndNote
1. Go to EndNote.com and select Downloads from the menu bar
2. Under, Output Styles, select Add Output Styles
3. Search for Respiratory Care, select, then click Apply
4. Select Download
5. From the pop-up menu, select: Open with EndNote X7
6. You should see: EndNote X7 – Respiratory Care style frame. I.e. EndNote should be up and running (versus a browser)
7. SAVE: From the menu, select File, then Save As. [You can delete the word “copy” if you wish]
8. Check: In EndNote, from Style drop down, select Another Style, search for Respiratory. It should come up. You should also be able to see it in MS Word when using the EndNote tab and selecting styles.