If you should need to renew a book that has been obtained for you via interlibrary loan, you will need to contact Cindy Shearrer at 573-882-1125 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Since this book has been obtained from a library that is not within the Merlin or MOBIUS consortium, a renewal request cannot be done online. It is entirely dependent upon the lending library as to whether or not a renewal will be granted, and if so, what the new due date might be. You will be notified by e-mail what the new due date is, or that the renewal has not been granted. If the book has been lent to us with the stipulation that no renewals will be granted, then of course, the book must be returned to us by the due date.
You will be notified by e-mail if a book that you have requested whether via Merlin, MOBIUS or interlibrary loan has been recalled. A book may not be recalled before the patron has had it at least one week. You will then have one week after the recall notification to return the book.
If you should need to renew a book that you have requested from Merlin or MOBIUS you may do so online.
1. Be in the Merlin Library Catalog.
2. Click on to "My Library Account".
3. Login using either "Your campus email username" or "Your MERLIN login with EMPL ID (or courtesy & proxy borrowers login)". Remember to put a "c" after your ID number.
4. Press "continue".
5. Type in the appropriate Username, Password, Login etc.
6. Press "Login".
7. Press "Checked Out Items".
8. Check the "Renew" box(es) for each item that you wish to renew. Or press "Renew All" if that is what you want.
9. Press "Renew Selected" or "Renew All".
10. The system will indicate a new due date, or that the renewal was not permitted.
11. Press "Log Out" to leave your account.
Merlin and MOBIUS permit a maximum of 2 renewals per book that has been requested.
NOTE: If you have a need for an extended loan period for a Merlin or MOBIUS book, please contact the Circulation Supervisor.