Skip to Main Content

Requesting Materials at MU School of Law Library: How to Request an Article

How do I request a journal article?

Requests for copies of pages from any text unavailable here, including copies of articles from law reviews, journals etc. that are not available from any library on this campus, need to be sent to the Interlibrary Loan Specialist.  Please do not make your request from Ellis Library, as they do not handle ILL requests for or from MU law students, faculty or staff.  Press the link here to fill out the online ILL form or you may instead fill out a yellow ILL Request Form, which can be obtained at the circulation desk.  This form will be transmitted to the Interlibrary Loan Specialist who will process the request.  Please be certain that the form is filled out completely and accurately.  Be sure to indicate the date (if any) you must have the material by, and any charges that you might be willing to incur.  We make every attempt to obtain copies from libraries that will not charge us, but that is not always possible.  Please see our Interlibrary Loan Specialist or a patron services staff member if you should need assistance.