Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Go to the MERLIN catalog and select the Advanced search option.
- Input the title or subject of the book you want at the top of the page
- At the bottom of the page, select Ebooks from the Material Types catagory.
For more information, visit the Ebooks guide.
Finding Specific Books
If you already know what book you want, use the Book Finder
- The Book Finder first searches in the MERLIN catalog.
- If no resources are found in the UM LIBRARIES CATALOG, the search moves to the MOBIUS catalog.
From the MU Libraries home page, choose the tab, Books & Media.
- By default you will be searching, by keyword, the MERLIN Catalog, a catalog of the books, journals, magazines and other materials owned by the MU libraries.
- MERLIN also contains records for books owned by the other UM campuses (UMSL, UMKC, MS&T). You can search for books in those libraries by selecting the chosen campus in the location drop-down menu.
- The MOBIUS catalog contains records of books owned by a variety of libraries throughout Missouri. You can request books from these libraries by using your MU username and password.
You may only request items owned by other MERLIN or MOBIUS libraries when:
If MERLIN or MOBIUS does not have the book or article you are looking for, then you can request a copy through Interlibrary Loan. Access the ILL form by using your Pawprint and password.