Some Mac users have troubles importing references into EndNote. If you are having problems, please try one of these two solutions. Also note that EndNote on Macs has difficulty working with Safari; Try a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.
1. Use Firefox or Chrome (not Safari). Firefox and Chrome work better with EndNote and Macs.
2. Choose the “open with” option, and click the “choose” button.
3. On the left, under “places,” choose “Applications.”
4. Scroll down to find EndNote. Expand the EndNote folder, and double-click the one that says “EndNote X7”
5. To save these setting and not have to do these steps again, check the box next to “do this automatically for files like this from now on.”
6. Click “okay,” and the references will be saved to your EndNote library if EndNote is open.
1. Put EndNote in your dock.
2. Save the citations from the database to your desktop.
3. In EndNote select FILE/IMPORT. Navigate to and select the file. Under IMPORT OPTIONS select Reference Manager (RIS).