Library Privileges for all Visiting Scholars
- Standard check-out privileges of books owned by the MU Libraries. Excluded are interlibrary loans.
- Access to:
- print journals while in the library, but no check-out privileges
- online journals and ebooks while in the library, but no off-campus access.
- most, but not all, databases while in the library but no off-campus access.
- Computer use in Ellis Library is limited to 2 hours per day and requires a guest login user name and password (stop by Reference Desk in the Information Commons, first floor, South, Ellis Library).
- Wireless Acces
- Available to members of the eduroam community.
- Contact the sponsoring department liaison to determine if other options are available.
How to Obtain MU Libraries Borrowing Privileges
All visiting scholars must have a valid MU ID card to check out materials from the MU Libraries.
- Obtain the letter referenced above from one of the following:
- Obtain an MU ID card at the ID office located in the University Bookstore
- Take the letter and the MU ID card to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk to obtain library borrowing privileges.
NOTE: Everyone will need to have a valid MU ID card in order to borrow materials from the MU Libraries.
Go to the International Office website
Visit the International office in N52 Memorial Union, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
Missouri International Training Institute (MITI) Scholars will receive permission through:
Asian Affairs Center
N49 Memorial Union
University of Missouri
The library privileges outlined for International Visiting Scholars also apply to all other visiting scholars. It is suggested that departments use the same form letter and follow the same process for all visiting scholars.
Questions: June DeWeese, Head of Access Services, MU Ellis Library email@example.com (573-882-7315)