Stop! Before you dive into your project, ask the following questions:
- What am I looking for? facts & figures? articles? guidelines?
- Who else is interested in this information? governments? associations? fellow nurses?
- Where are they likely to post their info? public website? journal article? conference paper?
Answering the above will save you time in the long run & cut your stress!
- Facts & figures (i.e. statistics) are often collected by governments & associations and are often posted on their websites
- Articles are usually written by colleagues and published in journals or presented at conferences
- Guidelines are usually written up for an institution & many are posted at the National Guideline Clearinghouse
Having trouble tracking down info or keeping this all straight? Call me & ask!
If I'm not in, try: 573-882-0471 (email works too! AskLibrary@health.missouri.edu)