We are the University of Missouri. We are MU. We are Mizzou. We connect one to another with consistent symbols of our institutional brand — symbols of the Mizzou experience. Brands are made and recognized by using logos, images, colors, tag lines, and other symbols representing the brand consistently.
Using an MU official image, logo, or communications channel comes with the responsibility of understanding and complying with use related university communication policies.
The Mizzou Identity Standards website can provide information on how to properly use MU images and symbols.
- About Mizzou Identity Standards - Mizzou the brand, what it means and represents
- Using Mizzou Logos and Designs - When used consistently and cohesively, MU’s official logo, colors, typefaces, photos, letterhead and other graphic elements reinforce a distinctive university image and depict a strong, unified institution — one Mizzou.
- Using Mizzou Photos - Images used represent the university brand.
- Mizzou Websites - Websites must be compliant with university policies.
- Audio and Video - Before embarking on a multimedia project, please review guidelines and policies regarding legal and liability issues, release forms, copyrights and protecting the sanctity of the classroom.
- Participation in Mizzou Central Social Media - Follow official guidelines if you participate in Mizzou sponsored social media.