- ECCO - Eighteenth Century Collections Online
Based on the English Short Title Catalogue, nearly 150,000 English-language titles and editions published between 1701 and 1800 will be made available online over the course of the next two years.
- Early English Books Online
Early English Books Online (EEBO) contains digital facsimile page images of virtually every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America and works in English printed elsewhere from1473-1700. Access provided through a partnership of the English Department, the College of Arts and Science and the MU Libraries.
- British Periodicals
Offers facsimile page images and searchable full text for nearly 500 British periodicals published from the 17th through the early 20th centuries.
- Literature Online Text Collection
Full text of more than 350,000 selected works of poetry, drama and prose in English from the eighth century to the present. Allows the definition of searchable collections by nationality, gender, individual authors, etc.
- Search by author or title for something specific.
- Use the advanced search and limit by date to find materials from a certain period.
- Include s:sources in a keyword search to find reprints of older materials; e.g., 18th century and s:sources.
- Include the following terms to find specific types of materials:
- s:personal narratives
- s:pictorial works
- MLA International Bibliography
MLA indexes critical scholarship in the modern languages, literatures, linguistics and folklore.
- LION: Literature Online
LION: Literature Online provides access to English language literature in full-text, reference works, bibliographies, web pages and full-text journals.
ABELL lists monographs, periodical articles, critical editions of literary works, book reviews, collections of essays and doctorial dissertations dealing with the study of literature and linguistic published anywhere in the world. Coverage is 1920 to date.
- The Eighteenth Century: A Current Bibliography...
Z2011 .E62 n.s.
To find works dedicated to research on an author, do a subject search on the author's name, last name first.
A keyword search on the author's name will find these works, plus works by the author, and sections of more general works.
Online text collections deliver more detailed results than the library catalogs.