Discover@MU Reading List Maker is now up as an external tool in Canvas. Discover@MU is MU's branding of the EBSCO Discovery Services for the Libraries. This is the search engine that appears on the home page of https://library.missouri.edu. The app described here allows instructors to search for, organize, and deploy our library materials in Canvas modules using Discover@MU. This differs considerably from the Library Resources and LibGuides tools because those tools are designed to work with guides put together by MU subject librarians for classes and departments. Those materials cannot be directly edited by instructors. Discover@MU Reading List Maker is designed for instructors to create and modify their library reading lists.
1. Log in to Canvas.
2. Choose a course and then navigate to the Modules tab.
3. Select the plus button (+) at the top of the module that you want to add the readings to.
4. In the drop down menu, choose External Tool and from there select Discover@MU Reading List Maker and Add Item.
5. Modify the title of your new tool by selecting Edit from the drop down menu seen below.
6. Click on your new title and you will be able to do searches for the readings in Discover@MU, directly from Canvas.
7. You may apply limiters to your search on the left-hand side of the screen, clicking Update once you do so.
8. When you have found the article(s) or resource(s) you want to assign, click on Add to Reading List.
9. Finally, go back to Modules and make sure to publish it.