- Firefox may display a message that reads "To protect your computer, Firefox prevented this site from installing software on your computer."
- Click "Allow" to add http://library.missouri.edu or libx.org to the list of websites from which extensions may be installed. Then click "OK" and visit the above "Install" link again. After the installation is completed, you will need to restart your browser for the add-on to take effect.
- After downloading the LibX plugin for either Chrome or Firefox, you should see a button labeled LibX 2.0 appear to the right of the address bar; this is the LibX button that will replace the LibX toolbar. There are two ways obtain a specific edition for your installation:
- Manually find your edition:
- Click the LibX button to open a popup containing a search field.
- Type the name of your library's edition, then select it from the autocompletion dropdown.
- Make sure the information shown matches your edition, then click "Load this edition".
The LibX 2.0 add-on works best with Firefox and Chrome.
- Will not work with other browsers such as Opera or Safari.
- The Firefox version has been tested with Firefox versions 9.1 on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh OS-X.