To Locate Information About a Test/Instrument
- Step 1. ERIC, ETS TestLink and PsycINFO databases.
Search by Author, Title, Keyword, Subject/Descriptor or Identifier. This search retrieves documents (ERIC) , book chapters and articles in journals that in some way relate to the desired test/instrument.
- Step 2. Tests in Dissertations and Theses . REF LB 3051 .M691 T289.
This guide lists test materials in dissertations and theses produced by students of the University of Missouri-Columbia; arrangement in the guide is primarily by Title of test/instrument.
- Step 3. MERLIN and MOBIUS catalogs.
Search by Author, Title, Subject or Keyword. This retrieves information in books, dissertations and theses that may include critiques and references for further reading.
- Step 4. Sources listed in this guide under the categories of General Sources and Specialized Sources. These sources do not have actual tests/instruments but often provide summaries, critiques and references to additional reading.
- Note: Technical Manuals that are often used in conjunction with tests/instruments are generally not included in the Ellis Library Test Collection. The best method in obtaining a manual is to request it directly from the publisher of the test/instrument. Consult the Publisher Information link within this guide.
- Note 2: Publisher Information: To determine the availability of a test or instrument not retrieved by using the above steps, consult the reference works listed under the links Publisher Information and General Sources of this guide.