- University of Missouri Columbia – Office of Research – Internal Funding
This source for funds is intended for faculty members. Graduate students could have indirect access to these funds if they can collaborate with a faculty member on a project.
- Mizzou Fellowships Office
- Check Grants.gov for federal funding sources.
- Check Grantsnet.org for funding for scientific research projects.
- Check the Foundation Center website.
- Missouri government grants and grantwriting aids
Also remember that…
- Some colleges at MU have small research funds that faculty and graduate students can apply for. Check with your college.
- Listservs that cover your field of study may send out postings about research grants. Check the web for archived postings from listservs; search for words such as "grant."
Funding for Education/Training
Tuition for many workshops in ICSPR’s Summer Program for Quantitative Methods is free for faculty and grad students at member institutions. (MU is a member.) Check the Summer Program course catalog for discounts and additional, course-specific stipends.
MU Libraries Resources – Directories of Funding Organizations and Guides for Grant Writing
- Annual Register of Grant Support
- Applying for Research Funding: Getting Started and Getting Funded
- How to Write a Successful Research Grant Application: A Guide for Social and Behavioral Scientists
If you know of other sources for funding not shown on this page, please contact us.