What exactly is Ask MU Libraries?
The MU Libraries offer many services to assist library users with finding information. Now we have added one more.
Ask MU Libraries is the Libraries’ new reference service platform that allows library users to:
- Search for answers in the Knowledge Base to questions they may have about anything library related
- Contact a librarian for help via email and eventually, chat and text.
Can I still email a librarian for help?
- Yes you can! Filling out the Ask MU Libraries question form is the same as emailing a librarian directly for assistance.
- You can also still contact your subject librarian or submit a RAP request for in-depth help with your research.
What are some features of Ask MU Libraries?
- Answers Auto-Suggest—As you type your question into Ask MU Libraries using natural language format (ex. How do I renew a book?), this feature finds knowledge base matches and points you towards the correct answer!
- Mobile/Smart Phone Ready—The system automatically detects when you access it from your smartphone and presents a mobile-friendly version of the system. The full Knowledge Base is instantly available on a mobile platform - how cool!
- SMS/Texting— (573) 535-6818
You can text your question to us, and receive your reply via text! Standard text messaging rates apply.
Health Sciences Library: Text OTTO to (573) 535-6818.
- Libchat-You can chat live online with a librarian to get immediate help with your question.
Special thanks to Maianh Phi, Instructional Technologies Librarian, Texas Medical Center Library, Houston Academy of Medicine, for providing the foundation of this page.